Exercises to becoming partakers of divine nature - 2017 January (Date), Christian life (Topic)
There are certain basic and fundamental exercises to be done for our sanctification. In this matter, we have no confidence in ourselves. But our confidence is in our God, because partaking of His divine nature is not our intention, but it is His. If we cooperate and co-work with God by applying these matters in our lives, our disposition and constitution will really be transformed according to the likeness of our Lord Jesus Christ. If there is no intention or a cry in your heart to becoming partakers of His divine nature, then these exercises will just remain rituals.
1. Regular spiritual exercises: Every day we should be engaged in certain spiritual exercises regularly, consistently and habitually.
2. Prayer: It is indispensable for sanctification. This exercise will certainly transform our inner constitution and if we have to watch and pray so that we will not fall into face temptations (Math. 26:41; Eph. 6:18).
3. Bible reading: This exercise will renew our minds.
4. Solitude and silence: This will help us to hearing God’s speaking.
5. Discipline: We should reduce or curtail or decrease ourselves or our activities knowing our situation (Heb. 12:4-17)
6. Fasting: It should be our regular habit according to the need and the situation.
7. Spiritual Counsel: Fellowship with a spiritual leader, seeking his mature counsel, is an important exercise (Heb. 13:17).
Facing Sufferings (2) - 2017 January (Date), Christian life (Topic)
1. First and foremost, God reveals His Son, Jesus Christ, in us. If we do not have a high revelation of Jesus Christ, as the resurrection life, we may not be able to face the sufferings. We can live in any situation if we have the proper revelation of Jesus Christ.
2. Second-hand knowledge about Jesus Christ should become our first-hand experiential knowledge. Objective knowledge should become our subjective knowledge. If Paul, Peter and other apostles could live by Christ, we can also live by the same Christ. If they could withstand any test, any suffering, any trial, we can also withstand any suffering or trial or test.
3. The purpose of our subjective knowledge is to serve the Christ we have experienced to others. That is the ministry.
4. To intercede for others to bring Christ into their lives, into their situations.
Review and preview - January 1, 2017 (Date), Christian living (Topic)
We must review the path that we have walked in the past and preview what lies ahead of us. The man, the family, the society, and the church which learn valuable lessons will have a blessed future. If they refuse or fail to learn the lessons, their future will not be blessed.
1. Christian faith is through all the sufferings of human life - all the pains, all the sorrows, all the losses, all the injuries –God is working in us something precious, something of eternal worth, something of eternal meaning, something of eternal preciousness. We may suffer the loss of many things, But if God compensates all our losses with some measure of Christ in us, we rejoice.
2. We must realize our failures, mistakes etc. We must realize, repent, and humble ourselves before God. Without adequate and thorough repentance of all the failures or the faults or the defeats, it is impossible for God to turn the situation and make it a blessing. To realize, to repent, to confess and humble is a very humiliating experience.
3. We have to set apart a portion of all our resources to God, God’s people, and to those who don’t know God. Unless we set apart, unless we apportion, we will never spend it.
4. We should submit ourselves to a spiritual discipline so that we can become a useful vessel to dispense Christ to others.